Natural Family Planning Awareness Week – July 24 – July 30, 2016
“Celebrate and reverence God’s vision of human sexuality.”
Natural Family Planning Awareness Week highlights the anniversary of the papal encyclical Humanae Vitae (July 25) which articulates Catholic beliefs about human sexuality, conjugal love and responsible parenthood. The dates also mark the feast of Saints Joachim and Anne (July 26), the parents of the Blessed Mother.
Please feel free to share the our flyer to assist others to connect with great Doctors, Nurses and Fertility Practitioners. We recommend posting in your parish and or activity hall. Please also feel free to post on social media or in your newsletter or announcement bulletin.
For additional Information about NFP or NFP Awareness Week, please visit the USCCB website.
Below is a list of Natural Family Planning instructors for the Archdiocese of New York and surrounding areas. To learn more about each Natural Family Planning method, visit our overview page.
- Deacon John & Judy Singler
Staten Island, NY
Billings Ovulation Method
- Napoleon & Miriam Rodriguez
For information on classes, call (347) 879-6250
Couple to Couple League
- Kevin & Linda Gaboardi
Danbury, CT (near Westchester County, NY)
- Andrew & Tracey Pappalardo
- Lucy & Juan Rodriguez
Stamford, CT (near Westchester County, NY)
For information on classes, call (203) 243-3768 or (203) 368-6271
- Colleen & David Toder
Highland, NY (Ulster County)
- Eric & Anne Tozzi
Yonkers, NY & Peekskill, NY (Westchester County)
Creighton Method FertilityCareTM
- Virginia Corbett, RN, FCP
New York, NY and Long Island
- Alicia Crete BS, CFCP
- Dorothy Dugandzic, BS, CFCP
- Marise Frangie, FCP
- Janet Galbo, RN, FCPI
Westtown, NY (Orange County)
- Kristen Marie Haight, NPI, FCPI
Manhattan, NY; Newburgh, NY; & Orange County
For information on classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Hanson, RN, FCP
Gianna Center – Manhattan, NY & New Brunswick, NJ
- Jamey Hutchinson (nee Johnston), RN, BSN, CFCP
Long Island, NY
Love and Life Fertility Care of Long Island: email@example.com
- Matilde Aurelia & Rey Lopez
Haverstraw, NY (Rockland County)
- Christina Maiale, FCPI
Gianna Center – Manhattan, NY
- Joanna Nycz-Wasilec, MS, FCP
- Maryann Pennell, RN, FCP
Pomona, NY (Rockland County)
- Debra Smith, FCPI
Long Island, (NY Suffolk County)
Lolek Fertility Education: (631) 793-6808
- Gillian Tausend, FCPI
- Kelly Vardakas, FCPI
Mahopac, NY (Putnam & Westchester Counties)
For information on classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Wallace, FCPI
- Laura Weidner, CFCP
Medical consultants are licensed physicians who support and/or promote the use of Natural Family Planning methods.
Dr. Anne Nolte (nee Mielnik), MD, FCMC, Family Practice
(specializing in the Creighton Method – FertilityCareTM)
Gianna Center (NY) – Catholic Healthcare for Women
15 East 40th St. (just West of Madison Ave) Suite 101
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 481-1219
Dr. Kyle Beiter MD, OB/GYN, FCMC
(specializing in the Creighton Method – FertilityCareTM and NaProTechnology)
Gianna Center (NJ) – Catholic Healthcare for Women
254 Easton Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone: (732) 565-5490
Become an NFP Instructor
The good news about the NFP ministry is that the number of couples discovering the joys and freedom of Natural Family Planning is increasing. The challenge now is that we need more instructors help meet this demand. We need your help! Please consider becoming a Natural Family Planning instructor.
- Creighton Model FertilityCareTM System – Practitioner CertificateThe FertilityCareTM Practitioner Certificate Program is a one-year program that prepares students to teach the Creighton Model of FertilityCareTM to women and couples. Two separate weeks of intensive training are required: Education Phase I (EP I) and Education Phase II (EP II). Also required are two supervised practicum and an on-site visit by a faculty supervisor. A National Standardized Final Exam is administered one year after the initial training. To learn more about the Practitioner Certificate Program, contact Dorothy Dugandzic, BS, CFCP, at (718) 842-2598.
- Billings Ovulation Method – Teacher Training ProgramThe Billings Ovulation Method is a simple, yet scientific, method of Natural Family Planning. Ongoing research has been conducted in Australia, Sweden and Spain since it was developed over 50 years ago by physicians John and Lyn Billings of Melbourne, Australia. To learn how to become a certified Billings instructor, visit www.boma-usa.org.
- Couple to Couple League – Teaching CouplesCCL Teaching Couples are well-trained and provide professional instruction and consultation on NFP. As a Teaching Couple, you will not only provide instruction, but also your witness, experience, and passion for living out your marriage as God intended. Teaching Couples are very knowledgeable on NFP, while further trained to provide a loving encounter to couples-in-training to demonstrate the whole-person experience of responsible parenthood. To learn more about becoming a CCL Teaching Couple or promoter, contact Erik Tozzi at email@example.com.