Are you finding it challenging to raise your children? Do you want to reduce children’s problem behavior? Do you want strong, healthy relationships with your children, with all the support, discipline skills and information you could have for living out your calling from God?
Explore some real solutions in this Education for Parenting workshop.
We will address some practical strategies, proven to work, for raising well-behaved kids. Come join us to learn these effective methods and practice them, too. We use presentations, videos and practice opportunities in every session.
PLACE: Church of St. Anthony 36 West Nyack Road, Nanuet, NY, 10954, Media Center
DATES: Mondays, October 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
TIME: 7:00-9:00 PM
COST: $30 covers one or both parents, and includes a book and workbook.
(If finances are a problem, alternative arrangements can be made confidentially.)
REGISTRATION: Registration is a MUST
Contact Sue DiSisto, 646-794-3191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop, which originates from Father Flanagan’s Girls and Boys Town in Omaha, Nebraska, is being offered in conjunction with the Archdiocesan Family Life + Respect Life Office. The presenter will be Sue DiSisto, Education for Parenting Coordinator. Call Sue for information, or if you would like to see this program in your parish.
Common Sense Parenting is a
7-session workshop for parents of children ages 0-6
• Mothers, fathers, foster parents, grandparents, teachers, nannies or daycare workers – anyone participating in raising children would enjoy this program
• Explore discipline strategies that will make family life more enjoyable
• Become a more confident parent; learn real solutions to everyday challenges of getting children to listen and do what they are supposed to do
COMMON SENSE PARENTING PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
• SESSION 1: How I grow and learn = Child development and age-appropriate expectations, nurturing
• SESSION 2: My First Teachers – Clearly describing behavior, teaching your child about the consequences of their behavior
• SESSION 3: Catch me being good – How to effectively praise your child, giving “kid” reasons
• SESSION 4: Teach me about being good – Teaching your child necessary social skills such as “following instructions,” “waiting your turn,” “getting someone’s attention,” and more; preventative teaching
• SESSION 5: Help me do what’s right – Corrective teaching, time out
• SESSION 6: Help me calm down – A plan to stay calm, teaching self-control
• SESSION 7: Putting it all together – Parenting plans, family traditions